A leaking roof is a sorry sight for any homeowner. It’s as if your dream house has a head injury, and you must do everything in your power to treat it. And when it comes to treating a leaking roof, you should get in touch with the Roswell residential roofers at Sentinel Exteriors. We can fix any type of roof problem once we inspect your roof’s condition.
The advantage of hiring a roofing professional is our residential roofers suggest the best service according to your budget. Sure, DIY may seem cost-effective, but you may not follow the right steps or use the ideal material. That may affect the roof’s longevity. Instead, you should call us. We will take a look at your roof, find out the problems, and come up with a solution that not just increases your roof’s longevity but also doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket.
We have some of the most experienced and certified roofers in Roswell, GA, who offer high-quality roofing services. Their top-level craftsmanship is what keeps our reputation going. Whether it’s a weather-related issue or the roof is too old for your house, we can fix any issue within a few days. Therefore, if you want us to inspect your roof in Roswell, GA, call us at (678) 578-5100 to fix an appointment soon.
Table of Contents
When Does My Roof Need to be Replaced?
This is a common question from homeowners. It’s tough to decide when to replace your roof if you don’t know its age. Sometimes, homeowners want to replace their roofs because they want to give their houses a new look. But sometimes, it becomes a necessity to replace the roof.
You can’t help but call a professional because the weather takes a toll on the roof, and it can’t protect your house anymore. Our Roswell residential roofers assess the roof’s condition and provide a cost-effective solution. If we see that a few repairs here and there are enough to fix the problems, we won’t replace the roof. But if the situation is critical, we won’t hesitate to replace it. Here are a few reasons why we may need to replace your roof:
- Decay or rot – There’s nothing we can do if your roof starts decaying from a few areas. Moisture is the biggest enemy of your roof. Moreover, if you don’t maintain your roof, it won’t last long. The first signs of roof decay are leaks from the ceiling. You will notice the dampness on various corners of the ceilings in different rooms. It soon leads to water dripping from those areas. Calling us in time may still save the roof, but sometimes, things go out of hand. There’s no other option but to replace the roof. We will suggest a long-lasting material so that you don’t have to think of spending on roof repairs soon.
- Cracked tiles and roof surface – Cracks on the roof can happen for many reasons: extreme weather conditions, non-maintenance, or poor roofing materials. It doesn’t matter what causes the cracks. The solution is to replace it as soon as possible. This would eliminate water dripping from the ceilings. We recommend replacing the roof before or after the monsoons so that the weather doesn’t affect the newly installed roof.
- Aging roofs – Nothing lasts forever, and your roof is no exception. Even the most durable roofs come with an expiry date. And it’s important to replace the roof once you see signs of aging. Again, roof aging symptoms are similar to other roof problems like cracks on the surface, dampness on the walls and ceilings, and parts of the roof breaking down.
- Roofing inspections – A roofing inspection helps identify the weak spots on your roof. We use thermal scanners that can detect hidden cracks quickly. Once we finish inspecting, we can come up with a plan to replace the roof.
Types of Roofing Materials
Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing materials around. It doesn’t cost a fortune and maintains your home’s curb appeal. An asphalt shingle roof is ideal to withstand heavy rain and snowfall. It is an underrated material that many people don’t know about. The only problem with asphalt shingles is their installation process. It’s a slightly complicated process, but we have trained and experienced residential roofers who can handle the installation efficiently.
Metal roofs stand the test of time. They don’t cost a lot and also don’t require too much maintenance. In fact, it is quite easy to install also. The only drawback with metal roofs is they may not look good on well-designed houses. You should check with us about whether a metal roof is suitable for your house or not.
Terracotta and Clay
These two materials carry a timeless appeal. They look good on almost any house you can think of. We use high-quality terracotta and clay to make the roofs. Although terracotta and clay are the best materials for stylish roofs, they cost comparatively more than other roofing materials. Additionally, they are not as durable as their counterparts. You should install this type of roof if you are ready to maintain it frequently.
Slate and Stone
Slate and stone provide elegance to your house. They are made from metamorphic rocks that make your house look attractive. If you are one of those who want to choose a roofing material keeping your home’s aesthetics in mind, you should go for a slate and stone roof. If you ask us, no other roofing material comes close to the elegance and aesthetic appeal of a stone and slate roof.
Investing in a slate and stone roof is cost-effective because it can last for over 150 years. You may have to spend slightly more than other roofing materials initially, but it will be worth every penny.
Why Choose Sentinel Exteriors’ Residential Roofers?
- Years of experience
- Licensed and insured
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Free consultations
If you are ready to replace your roof or want us to look at it before providing a suitable service, call us at (678) 578-5100. The Roswell residential roofers at Sentinel Exteriors can set up an appointment at your convenience.