The roof is one of the most important components of your home or commercial building. It protects your family and belongings from the adverse effects of the elements. Without a strong roof, your home will not last for long.
The roof prevents the walls and foundation of the building from water damage. Sentinel Exteriors is your trusted partner in Roswell GA for all your residential and commercial roof repairs, replacements, installation, and maintenance needs. Our reputable roofing contractors have years of experience dealing with all types of residential and commercial roofs in Roswell and its suburbs.
If your roof is too old and in a dilapidated condition, you should consider investing in a new roof to prolong the lifespan of your home or commercial building. You may wonder if investing in a new roof is a good idea.
Yes, a new roof will help boost the curb appeal, resale value, and lifespan of your home. It will also improve energy efficiency and safeguard your family and belongings from the effects of the elements. Roof installation is only one of the many roofing services we provide. Call Sentinel Exteriors today at (678) 578-5100 to install, repair, replace, or maintain your residential or commercial roof in Roswell GA.
Table of Contents
General Roof Information
Every commercial or residential roof has many functions. The most important function is protecting your loved ones and precious belongings from the adverse effects of the elements. Excessive sunlight, snow, rain, and wind can threaten the safety of your family and furniture if not for the roof over your head.
Relying on inexperienced roofers in Roswell doesn’t protect your home. Excessive water can pool on poorly designed roofs and lead to serious damage to the roof as well as the structure of the building over time. Adequate drainage is a primary concern when installing a new roof or replacing the existing roof in your home or commercial building. The experienced contractors at Sentinel Exteriors know how to do the job right the first time around and save your time and money.
A properly designed roof offers excellent insulation to the building. Poor insulation can result in the leakage of heat and cool during the winter and summer months and increase your utility bills in the long run. You should rely on an experienced roofing company in Roswell GA to design and install a new roof or replace the existing one. We are your trusted partner in Roswell for all your residential and commercial roofing needs.
A roof does more than just go over your head. It is an integral part of your home and improves the energy efficiency and curb appeal of the building. Sentinel Exteriors provides multiple roofing systems to satisfy the needs of our customers in Roswell and the surrounding areas. We offer a wide array of style preferences and budgets to choose from. When you choose Sentinel Exteriors for roof installations in Roswell, you will be able to select from:
- Slate roofing
- Asphalt shingle roofing
- Wood shake roofing
- Polymer slate roofing
- Metal roofing
- Ceramic tile roofing
- And more…
Each of the above roof types has its own advantages and disadvantages. Installing a roof in your new home or replacing the existing roof in your home is an expensive decision. A thorough roof inspection by one of our experienced roofing contractors will tell you whether you need roof installation, replacement, or repairs.
Missing shingles, old roof, sagging roof, algae & moss, and water damage are some of the common reasons for installing a new roof. Call Sentinel Exteriors today to get a free estimate for your Roswell roof installation project.
Many homeowners wait until the last minute to replace their roofs. Getting your old roof inspected by an experienced contractor from Sentinel Exteriors is the best way to know if you require immediate roof replacement in Roswell. Our experienced team has worked with hundreds of homeowners in Roswell to install, replace, repair, and maintain their roofs.
We have the knowledge, skills, and experience to deal with any type of residential and commercial roof replacement project in Roswell. Here are some of the most common signs you need to look out for to know if you need a roof replacement in Roswell GA:
- Leaking Roof – Minor leaks should not be ignored since they can turn into massive leaks and cost you thousands of dollars in repairs and roof replacements over time. Missing shingles and blocked gutters can be the main causes of your roof leak. Leaks will lead to water damages and mold growth in the long run. Mold is dangerous for the entire family because it can cause respiratory illnesses. Make sure you deal with a minor leak before it becomes too large to handle.
- Sagging Roof – A sagging roof is a warning sign of structural damage to the building. You need to correct this situation as soon as possible to avoid spending thousands of dollars on repair or replacement costs. Our Roswell roofing contractors are well experienced in dealing with sagging roofs.
- Old Roofs – Many homeowners think a roof will last a lifetime. Although some shingles come with a lifetime warranty, the average roof should be replaced every 30-35 years depending on the materials used. Replacing an old roof is best left to an experienced roofing professional in Roswell GA. Sentinel Exteriors is your trusted partner when it comes to replacing your old roof.
Not every damaged or leaking shingle requires complete roof replacement. A trusted roofing company can repair such components without replacing the entire roof and costing you thousands of dollars in the process. Our experienced roofers will inspect your damaged roof to see the nature of the damage and how far it is spread.
Leaking shingles should be repaired as soon as possible before they begin to further deteriorate and cause significant leaks in your home. Such a situation can result in complete roof replacement over time. Here are some of the most common signs that you require immediate roof repairs:
- Visibly Damaged Shingles – You can inspect the roof over your head for signs of damage such as broken, curled, or missing shingles. Visibly damaged shingles might be reaching the end of their lifespan. If you find shingles with minor damages, a good roofing contractor can repair them and avoid costly repairs and roof replacements over time.
- Flashing Repairs – Improper installation is a common reason for roof damage. Improper installation of flashing can lead to roof damage in the long run. Inexperienced roofing contractors may not seal the flashing properly allowing it to curl away from the roof and create indoor leaks. The experienced roofing contractors at Sentinel Exteriors can repair the flashing and save you hundreds of dollars in the long run.
- Shingle Debris Collected In The Gutter System – Checking the gutters is another important function to know if your roof needs repairs. If shingle debris is visible in the gutters, it’s a sign that the shingles are wearing down and require immediate repair before the condition worsens.
- Gutter Repairs – The gutter system plays an important part in safeguarding the roof over your head. Gutters move excess moisture away from the roof and building. Clogged gutters can lead to water damage to the roof. Inspecting or repairing the gutters periodically is important to protect your roof in the long run.
If you don’t find any signs of roof damage, it doesn’t mean you don’t require the service of a roofing contractor in Roswell. Preventive maintenance helps prolong the lifespan of the roof and improve its efficiency. Our roofing contractors will implement an effective roof maintenance schedule to keep your roof in optimal condition for many decades to come. Here are the most common types of maintenance we offer:
- Removal Of Debris – Debris is collected on residential and commercial roofs over time. Removal of debris is important to protect the gutter system from getting clogged and causing water damage to the roof and building.
- Sealing Of Cracked Pipes – A cracked pipe boot is a common problem encountered by our roofing contractors. When ignored, it may result in costly repairs to the roof and the ceiling indoors. Our preventive maintenance work will prolong the lifespan of your roof and save your hard-earned money in the long run.
You should have the roof inspected at least once in six months. The first inspection at the end of summer, and the second inspection at the end of winter. Our experts will perform a full roof inspection to prolong the lifespan of your roof. We will spot any areas that require immediate repairs or replacement during the inspection.
Our Roswell Roofing Contractors are Here to Help!
When you need roof repairs, replacement, installation, or maintenance in Roswell GA, there is no better service than Sentinel Exteriors. We are your trusted partner for all residential and commercial roof repair needs. At Sentinel Exteriors, you hire only the best contractors to deal with your precious roof. Whether you need a simple inspection or a new roof installation in Roswell GA, call us at (678) 578-5100 right now.